Threats can include but are not limited to: threatening calls, emails, online threats or bomb threats.
Responding to a telephone threat
- If it is a bomb threat, try to get as much information as possible, including:
- The location of the bomb
- The type of bomb
- When it will explode
- Note any information about the speaker, including:
- The deepness of the speaker’s voice
- Distinctive characteristics of the speaker’s voice
- Background noises (traffic, bell ringing, etc.)
Responding to an online threat
- Call Campus Safety at 416-978-2222 or call 911 to report the threat.
- Do not erase any threatening messages received by email or online.
- Screen-capture threatening messages found on any media platform.
- Do not forward the message to anyone, as the original email properties are vital in identifying the sender.
Other Incident Response Guides